Monday, June 1, 2020

Western Civ Blog 55- letter to your future self

The Corona Virus came to the United States so quick. One day we were in school, going to all our classes, socializing all day, and going to sports practices after school, when suddenly we were told schools were being shut down for 2 weeks. I remember the last day we went into school perfectly. It was a half day and a dress down day. We were told to get all of our books out of our lockers so they could be disinfected. Soon was when we started cyber school. It was hard to adjust to it but we all thought we would be back in school soon enough so we dint really need to get the hand go it. But we were wrong. The date that we would be going back to school kept getting extended for weeks until school was called off for the rest of the year. My brother, who is a senior, was devastated. As of right now he hasn't had a prom, graduation, or any of the senior experiences that all other seniors get. I think everyone swell as myself misses going to school. The teachers have worked very hard to get assignments that we can do virtually. We have had calls with our classes where we discuss what we're learning and have watched videos and read from textbooks but I sill feel like I'm not learning as much as I do at school. The school started making us sign in by 11 which has helped me get up and working rather than sleeping all day. Some days I don't have motivation to do school. While we were quarantined there was lots of time where I was feeling down because I was unable to see my friends or leave the house. I am very social so that definitely impacted me. I would do everything I could to keep myself occupied. I would go on walks a lot, workout, bake, read, watch movies, and spend as much time with my family as I could before I would get tired of them. Overall I have mixed emotions about quarantine. Of course I wish I could be living my normal life, but if this is what I have to do for a few months to keep my loved ones, as-well as myself safe, then its worth it.

No comments:

Post a Comment

Western Civ Blog 55- letter to your future self

The Corona Virus came to the United States so quick. One day we were in school, going to all our classes, socializing all day, and going to ...